STANDARD POLYESTER AMERICAN FLAG
Sizes in stock: 3x5', 4x6', 5x8', 6x10', 8x12', 10x15', 10x19', 12x18', 20x30', 20x38'
All other sizes are out of stock including 5x9.5', 15x25' and larger sizes
At Flags For Veterans, our standard polyester American flags:
- Are the most economical of our three polyester American flag styles. (The other styles are Tough-Tex and Duratex.)
- Are 100% MADE IN THE USA—not just assembled in the USA, but manufactured here, too.
- For outdoor use.
- Recommended for display in areas with frequent high-wind conditions.
- Have stripes that are sewn together using a specialty thread and a durable lock stitch.
- Smaller flags (6'x10' and smaller):
- Have embroidered stars.
- Are finished with a strong duck fabric heading and two #2 solid brass grommets.
- Larger flags (8'x12' and larger):
- Have appliqued stars that are sewn (rather than glued).
- Are finished with a rope heading and two galvanized steel thimbles.
- Have additional rows of stitching added to the fly end to increase durability.
- Have additional grommets added on the heading. (The number of grommets is determined by the size of the flag. See chart below.)
WHICH TYPE OF FLAG/MATERIAL SHOULD I CHOOSE FOR MY OUTDOOR FLAG?
CLICK HERE to see a helpful chart.
DO I NEED BEADED RETAINER RINGS?
If you are flying your flag outdoors, we recommend using Beaded Retainer Rings at the bottom thimble and at every grommet. These rings distribute the stress along the whole length of the flag, which prolongs the life of the flag. (See chart below to determine quantity you will need.)
PURCHASING A FLAG 8'x12' OR LARGER?
If you are purchasing a flag 8'x12' or larger, you will need to secure each thimble and grommet to the halyard (rope) using a snaphook. For flags up to 15'x25', we recommend Brass Swivel Snaphooks in the 4.75" size. For flags 20'x30' and larger, we recommend Stainless Steel Snaphooks for Large Flags. (See chart below to determine quantity you will need.)
DO YOU HAVE FLAG QUESTIONS?
At Flags For Veterans, we've been selling flags and flag accessories for over thirty years;
If you have a question, we probably have an answer. Give us a call.